6517 Bellhurst Lane
ABOUT 6517 Bellhurst Lane, Castro Valley
4 BD | 3 BA | 3-car garage | Tri-level
Approx. 2,296 SF | $1,265,000
Move in today! This beautifully remodeled tri-level home offers custom finishes throughout and redesigned vaulted ceilings with tall archways.
A chef’s dream kitchen, window-lined with backyard views, features custom cabinets, butler’s pantry, large island and granite countertops. Double French doors in the dinette open to a sunny deck.
Common areas have high-end hand-scraped flooring; tile and neutral carpet is in all bedrooms, stairs and upper hallway. Newer vinyl windows throughout.
A private backyard offers three composite decks, and a flat grassy turf play area. Organic and succulent gardens echo the peaceful view of the East Bay Regional Park District hills with views all the way to Mt. Hamilton. The professionally landscaped Japanese-style front yard uses low-maintenance turf.
This home is light and bright with a functional layout; it has 4 bedrooms and 3 baths, with the sought-after 4th bedroom and full bath on the lower level. The master bath is remodeled with an updated vanity, granite counters, custom tile work shower and a glass frameless shower door. Upstairs guest bath and lower bath are remodeled as well. Only a short distance from the Columbia community pool, jacuzzi, and children’s pool. A perfect location for a growing family.
Castro Valley schools are highly desired. Easy commute to either San Francisco via Castro Valley B.A.R.T. or take I580, I680 or I880 to Silicon Valley or San Francisco.
REMODEL AND UPDATES
- Japanese-style professionally landscaped front yard with low-maintenance turf
- Private backyard with peaceful view of East Bay Hills & Mt. Hamilton
- 3 composite decks – 2010 - 1 ft on center, under joist wrapped w/waterproof membrane
- Low-maintenance turf, backyard patio, organic garden, succulent garden
- Sprinkler/drip system throughout, water feature
- Terraced retaining walls, built with 6 x 8 pressure-treated cemented posts, 2 x 12 pressure-treated wall boards, bolted with heavy duty carriage bolts, all interior lined w/waterproof roofing felt & gopher wire, 3 deadman anchors, French drain system
- Fences redone in 2008
- 220 backyard hot tub hook up
- Tile Roof, re-sheeted (2018) with existing tiles, new gutters
- 3-car garage with roll-up garage doors
- Built-in cabinets, shelving, loft, garage sink and overhead florescent lighting
- 3 outdoor Rubbermaid-type storage sheds
- Vinyl double-pane windows installed in 2007
- Alarm system - Bay Alarm and 3 security lights
- Painted 2008
INTERIOR OF HOME - Kitchen
- Fully remodeled 2007 Large gourmet kitchen w/vaulted ceiling
- High-end custom-built cabinets w/ lighting, self-closing drawers, pull-outs throughout
- Custom tile backsplash with glass insets
- Large island, granite counters, drop lights
- Stainless steel built-in appliances including:
- Thermador double ovens
- Samsung Showcase side-by-side cabinet-depth refrigerator
- Bosch Dishwasher, LG microwave
- French doors from kitchen dinette to deck
INTERIOR COMMON AREAS
- White panel doors, custom trim and baseboards throughout
- Crown molding in upstairs hall and 2 bedrooms
- Vaulted ceilings throughout entry and common area
- White plantation shutters in family room and all 4 bedrooms - 2008
- Ceiling fans in all four bedrooms & kitchen.
- 3 Skylights = one in kitchen, two in living room
- Custom slate gas fireplace - 2014
- LED recessed lighting in family room
- Additional storage in closet under staircase
- Indoor laundry w/ white cabinets & granite countertop
- Updated to earthquake standards, w/ concrete tie-downs, sheer wall
- Fire-rated recessed lighting
- R30 Rigid insulation
- Freshly painted 2017 - 18
- Rich darker tone high end hand scraped distressed laminate flooring in Kitchen, eating area, dining room, living room, lower steps, downstairs hallway and bath
- "Anything Goes" neutral carpet in bedrooms, family room stairs and upper hallway
DOWNSTAIRS BATHROOM REMODEL - 2008
- Heavy Lux Frameless shower door
- Custom Shower with tile to ceiling & handmade glass feature tiles
- Darker vanity w/granite counters
UPSTAIRS HALL BATHROOM REMODEL -2016
- Heavy Lux Frameless 2/3 shower door
- Custom shower: tub surround subway set tile work w/glass inset
- New dark Cabinet w/granite counters
- Plank style custom tile on floor goes up the wall behind vanity
MASTER BATH REMODEL - 2013
- White cabinet w/Granite counters & double sinks
- Large Custom tile shower stall with large format Meridian Blanco white tiles & Vihara glass feature band
- Heavy Lux frameless shower door - Barok glass and wave cut top
- Walk in closet with shelving and shoe rack
- LED lighting
Welcome to Castro Valley
Nestled in a quiet valley surrounded by oak-studded rolling hills, Castro Valley enjoys a rural atmosphere in the midst of urban Alameda County.
With the San Leandro Hills extending along its northeastern edge, Castro Valley boasts such natural amenities as an extensively developed park system, a swimming lagoon, and an 18-hole golf course.
There are approximately 20 parks in Castro Valley of various sizes. Lake Chabot Regional Park offers many activities such as boating, hiking, shaded or sunny walk paths and many family picnic areas. There is also an annual spring fishing derby for fishermen of all ages. Another popular area is Cull Canyon Park hosts a swim lagoon and picnic areas. Also Castro Valley Community Center offers multiple activities; children’s play structure, baseball and soccer fields, tennis courts, basketball courts and center for exercise and dance classes.
This vibrant community of a little more than 60,000 residents hosts an annual Fall Festival and car show, a chili cook-off, and a rodeo parade, Castro Valley Light Parade – Meet in the Streets. Also the Castro Valley Chamber of Commerce works hard to introduce new business and are proud to offer food trucks at the Adobe Art Center each Tuesday for the Castro Valley Street Eats.
Seasonal farmers' markets sell fresh produce from the nearby Central Valley. Youth activities include softball, baseball, soccer, and basketball leagues, as well as a track club. Historic Rowell Ranch Rodeo holds rodeo events and chooses a Rodeo Queen each year. Castro Valley’s Adobe Art Gallery displays group art exhibits, student exhibits, and children's and senior art.
The 516 seat Center for the Arts sits on the Castro Valley High School campus and features a proscenium stage, high-tech lighting, and a world-class sound system, created by Tony award-winning sound designer Elton Halley and Meyer Sound. The Center also includes a large exhibition space, also utilized as a recital hall, conference center and art gallery; classroom and rehearsal space; a state-of-the-art control room, an electronic marquee, and box office.
The mission for the Castro Valley Arts Foundation is to provide our students and community with artistic experiences that educate, enrich and entertain by securing resources for the Castro Valley Center for the Arts. The foundation has a unique partnership with the Castro Valley Unified School District (CVUSD). The Foundation is committed to augment the Center for the Arts infrastructure; ensuring requisite staffing, program development, equipment replacement and facility enhancements.
Castro Valley homes range from 10-acre properties with plenty of room for horses to custom-built homes with views of the surrounding hills and three-bedroom, single-family homes close to schools and shopping